Our service isn’t set up to collect personal information about you. You can join CrypScrow under a pseudonym and remain anonymous to us if you want.
Personal information is any information about an identified individual or an individual who is reasonably identifiable, whether the information is true or not and whether the information is recorded in a material form or not.
What personal information do we collect and why?
This website may contain links or references to third party sites. We are not responsible or liable for the content of those sites and your access to and use of those sites is at your own risk. Any links are provided for convenience only, and do not indicate any endorsement or recommendation by us.
- from users who sign up for a CrypScrow account – email addresses, names (if used as a username), trade activity (such as amounts and local currencies), phone numbers, and information about a user’s response time.
- from website visitors – IP addresses, website preferences and device information;
- if you contact us with a query – your contact details.
If we are not provided with the information that we request, then we may not be able to provide services to you or respond to your query.
We do not collect the content of your communications with other CrypScrow users, unless required to do so to resolve a dispute under the Service Terms. These communications are end-to-end encrypted so we cannot decipher or read them.
The personal information you provide us may be used for a number of purposes connected with our business operations, which include to:
- provide the CrypScrow services, including facilitating communications between CrypScrow users;
- respond to any requests from you;
- better understand your needs in relation to cryptocurrency trading;
- develop and improve the quality and scope of the services we provide, and seek your feedback; and
- better understand our how website visitors use the website and how CrypScrow users use the service.
We may email you with updates about our services. You always have the right to opt-out of receiving such information. You may exercise that right by clicking the "unsubscribe" button in the email, or contacting us using the details below.
We will not use your information for purposes other than those described above unless we have your consent or as permitted by law (including for law enforcement or public health and safety reasons).
Passive information collection
As you navigate through this website, certain information can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) through various technologies, such as cookies, internet tags or web beacons and navigational data collection. You can manage passive information collection settings in the settings of your browser.
This website may use and combine such passively collected information to provide better services to website visitors, customise the website based on your preferences, compile and analyse statistics and trends and otherwise administer and improve the website for your use.
How we collect your personal information
We generally collect personal information directly from you, for example through online forms or when you contact us.
We may also collect personal information through trade activity, server log files and passive information collection technologies.
Sharing your personal information
We also may disclose your personal information to:
- others in accordance with a request made by you – for example, if your username is your real name, then we will list this when you ask to be listed on the CrypScrow marketplace;
- our third party service providers engaged by us to perform business and technology services, when reasonably required;
- law enforcement bodies – both if required by a warrant or voluntarily if we suspect you have engaged in fraud or misuse; and
- persons to whom we are required by law to disclose information.
When making disclosures to our service providers, we take reasonable steps to ensure that they are bound by privacy obligations.
Unless you consent, we otherwise do not disclose your personal information to third parties.
Access and correction
You may request access to any of the personal information we hold about you by contacting us as specified below. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable fee for the costs of retrieval and supply of any requested information.
We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up to date. To ensure your personal information is accurate, please notify us of any errors or changes to your personal information and we will take appropriate steps to update or correct such information in our possession.
Storage and security
We will take all reasonable precautions to safeguard your information from loss, misuse, unauthorised access, modification, disclosure or destruction. We may store your files as electronic records. We implement a range of electronic security measures to protect the personal information that we hold, including using secured databases using industry-standard network security practices.
You should keep in mind that no internet transmission is ever completely secure or error-free.
Links to other websites
Notifiable data breaches scheme
In the event of any loss or unauthorised access or disclosure of your personal information that is likely to result in serious harm to you, we will investigate and notify you in accordance with the Privacy Act.
CrypScrow takes all privacy complaints seriously and will aim to resolve any such complaint in a timely and efficient manner.
CrypScrow expects our procedures will deal fairly and promptly with your complaint.
How to contact us